Sunday, October 11, 2015

Full Metal EA Cards for VS 2PCG, Part 9 (More Avengers)


I like quite a few of the Avengers supporting characters. Ant Man isn't amazing, like the Dell'Otto art, but he's solid, as is Black Widow. I really like this art by Cris Delara.


Simone Bianchi's art is usually too dark for my tastes, but I do like this drawing of Black Panther. Daredevil is a staple in aggro decks, and this Neal Adams art if quite cool. I would like Hawkeye better if he could give +2/+0 to one of his teammates as well as himself. I'm surprised this my only card with Mike Mayhew art. I like a lot of his stuff.



I don't like the Cap card that much, but this is probably my favorite drawing of him. Nick Fury is a staple in ramp decks, and I quite like this art.


I really like this Greg Horn drawing of Ms. Marvel, far more than the card. Spider-Man is a solid card in the right deck, and this drawing by Justin Ponsor is terrific. I found it months ago, and forgot all about it until recently.


Dr. Strange is one of my favorite supporting characters at the higher drops. Yet another Deodato piece. It's awfully hard to find good artwork for Luke Cage but I do like this Brandon Peterson drawing.


Iron Man is another really strong card, and the Alex Ross piece is fantastic, although he tends to overuse this blinding flash effect. (There are a couple of Green Lantern pieces that look all too similar.) The Thor card is the only other one where I used Mike Mayhew. Probably my favorite drawing of Thor.


Last but not least, the Hulk. I can't decide if the card is really good or just OK, but I absolutely love this drawing by Carlo Pagulayan. I think it makes great card art.


That's it for all the characters and teams. Next up are the generic plot twists and locations.

No comments: