Sunday, October 11, 2015

Full Metal EA Cards for VS 2PCG, Part 8 (Avengers)


I confess I haven't built decks around any of these characters yet, although Hulk is next on my list to try. I do love the Hulk art I picked. This is one of my favorite Alex Ross pieces, and the Silvestri pencils for this drawing of Hulk have inspired a legion of colorists. There are several versions of it that I like, but this one looked the best with the gold frame of an L2 card.


Stegman is one of the better artists at drawing Spidey, and this is one of his best drawings of him. The Angel Medina drawing I used for the L2 card is awesome.


I think the Cap cards are kind of disappointing. The art is not. Joe Jusko's piece is a tribute to Jack Kirby. And the Alex Ross drawing of the Avengers, which you can see more of in the slider version, above, is a masterpiece.


Iron Man is also disappointing, but I do like this art by Joe Quesada, my favorite Iron Man artist.


Think Again is one of my favorite team-stamped plot twists, and Earth's Mightiest Heroes is really good too. More great art by Deodato and Ross. The Ross piece is another tribute to Kirby.


Stark Tech is an underwhelming card, but the art is cool. Surprisingly little good art for the Avengers Mansion. I'm happy with what I found, but I had no luck finding the artist.


Avengers supporting characters are next.

No comments: