Sunday, October 11, 2015

Full Metal EA Cards for VS 2PCG, Part 6 (X-Men)


Although X-Men isn't my favorite team, it seems like they have the most playable main characters. I haven't tried building a Professor X deck yet, but I probably should. The art I used for the L2 Xavier is one of my favorite drawings of him. I've tried several times to determine who the artist is, to no avail.


I tried Deadpool once, but took the deck apart before I was able to pull off the alternate win condition with the L2 character. Probably makes more of a fun deck than a really competitive one, but it's definitely playable.


Wolverine and Storm are my two favorite aggro decks. Wolverine is not quite as good as Storm, mainly due to lack of flight, but he's better against main characters that can't hide in the back row. The Danny Miki art on the L1 card is one of my favorite Wolverine drawings, and the Kubert art is perfect for the L2, I think.


Storm makes the best aggro deck, and these two drawings are gorgeous. The two Gregs are both terrific at drawing female heroes. I normally don't care for the mohawk version of Storm, but the Greg Horn version is beautiful.


The plot twists for X-Men are largely disappointing, apart from X-Factror. Uncanny Defense is mildly annoying to play against, but not game-changing.


What's most disappointing is that the team with the two best main characters for aggro have no real support. Squad Tactics is a decent pump for a team attacking deck, but that's not what X-Men does best. Belongs in Avengers, IMO. On the other hand, I love the J. Scott Campbell art I used for Squad Tactics.


Next up: X-Men supporting characters.

2 comments:

gtg said...

This is amazing, would love to see more of this. Any chance villians could be next? Could use some epic The Vault proxies ;)

kansashoops said...

I'm sure you already found my Full Metal version, but here's another version of it. The Vault is a problem, because the available art showing the actual structure is pathetic.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/53prksmirco7yuk/The%20Vault.jpg?dl=0