Sunday, October 11, 2015

Full Metal EA Cards for VS 2PCG, Part 10 (Generics)


These first two cards are ones I think we all wish we could see as official EA's, but I doubt we ever will. It seems like every deck I build plays one or both of these cards, which makes it hard to build more than two decks at a time, even with two boxes of cards. In any case, I love, love, love this Deodato drawing of Cap and Havok. The Daniel Murray drawing is perfect for Open Fire.


These two cards are not nearly as good. Giving DEF to your attacker and ATK to your defender just isn't that useful, I don't think. Of the two, Savage Surprise is much better, though. And once again the Deodato art is amazing. One of my favorite drawings of Hulk at his savage best. Although the Jim Cheung art is almost equally fantastic.


I didn't find many good art choices for these two cards. The Academy art is kind of cartoonish. I like the Training Ground art well enough.


These two I like much better. The Greg Land drawing is quite good, although I wish Tony didn't look so much like Robert Downey, Jr. The Fortress art by Olivier Coipel, on the other hand, is gorgeous. It does work better as a single card than as a slider, though.


That's the whole set. 112 cards. This was a beast of a project, mainly because of all the work I put into designing, redesigning, and then redesigning again the MSE template. But I did learn a lot along the way, so it was a rewarding process. Hope you liked the art choices, if nothing else.

8 comments:

gtg said...

Hey man, any chance for another project for the defenders expansion?

kansashoops said...

Possibly. Haven't thought much about it yet.

gtg said...

Also is there a way to use these as the card images in octgn? :P

kansashoops said...

No idea.

gawanijed said...

Great job on all of these! Do you have a link for ready to print versions of the generic plot twists?

kansashoops said...

I never had the Full Metal versions of my cards printed, so I don't have ready to print versions of them, only the as-designed versions.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3qjkifivmr88qjw/AABo1x6TlBhEe1WvEK_X-hHla?dl=0

I do have ready to print versions of the cards using my latest template, though. MNB:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/k5s7p5ycavu1u37/AAB11VdIK3P-mLCmMrvjcMHOa?dl=0

Defenders:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/a4lmr6zfjhi0b6x/AABpgywpY5EBlbnPD82eVgAJa?dl=0

A-Force:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ghfeng4d37fp3ug/AABLiqpSMkTZ1tLua2k8iSCJa?dl=0

Unknown said...

any chance on having the template for those?

kansashoops said...

Sorry. I share my finished card designs, but not my custom templates. Don't want to support them.