Sunday, October 11, 2015

Full Metal EA Cards for VS 2PCG, Part 3 (More Guardians)


Guardians is my favorite team in this set, and it's largely because there are so many great supporting characters. They are particularly good in control decks, but a couple of them work really well in aggro decks as well.

Cosmo and Yondu are both in quite a few of my decks. Yondu works well in both aggro and control decks, I think. I wish I could find better art for these two, but there isn't much out there. The drawing of Cosmo cruising the galaxy with Silver Surfer is kind of charming, though.


Mantis is another card that gets used in a lot of decks. She and Nick Fury are the cornerstones of all ramp decks, and both have great synergy with the Star-Lord main character cards. I really like this drawing of Agent Venom. The art choices for Mantis and Major Victory are rather limited.



Gamora and Rocket are two more cards that get played in a lot of my decks. Gamora is solid in both aggro and control decks, and Rocket is great in aggro decks for getting back spent plot twists. The Sara Pichelli art is my favorite drawing of Gamora.


4 drop Star-Lord seems like it should be a good card, but I haven't figured out a use for him yet, I love this Steve McNiven art though. Ditto for the Joe Quesada drawing of Nova. 


I love this quirky drawing of Groot. The card itself would be great if not for the omnipresence of Cosmo and Even the Odds in the metagame, both of which reset him to 0/0. Makes it hard to play him. I've yet to find a need for Moondragon.


I showed you a slider version of Drax at the beginning of this post. Here's the regular version of the card. This Steve McNiven art is my favorite drawing of Drax. I love the art on the Quasar card too; the card itself, not so much.


Last but not least, Adam Warlock.This drawing is not a favorite, but it is the most flavorful art choice, since it shows him emerging from his cocoon.


That's it for Guardians. Next time: Villains main characters, plot twists and locations.

No comments: