Sunday, October 11, 2015

Full Metal EA Cards for VS 2PCG, Part 2 (Guardians)


In this post I am going to introduce my Guardians main characters, plot twists and locations. In the next one, I will show you my Guardians supporting character cards.

Two of the main character cards, the L2 Groot and Rocket, appear above in the form of a slider. I also have regular versions of those two cards, of course. A lot of the Groot and Rocket art is kind of goofy. This drawing of the two of them is one of my favorites that isn't.


The L1 versions of these two don't go together. I love the picture of Groot's mind being read by Jean Grey. Rocket looks like a legit killer in this cover art by Dave Rapoza.


Sadly, Gamora is one of the weaker main characters in the set, but that doesn't mean she can't have some great art. Greg Horn is great at drawing the ladies, and I really like this Dale Keown drawing of her tangling with X-23.


By far the best of the Guardians main characters in 2PCG, Star-Lord really is a badass in this game. The picture of him shooting while falling is one of my favorites. The Ryan Pasibe drawing makes him look like kind of a space cop, I thought.


As I said in my post about my Wolverine deck, I find it really hard to create 2PCG decks that don't play lots of Guardian cards, partly because these two plot twists are so darned good. Even the Odds not only removes +1/+1 counters; it counters all attack pumps. It's the best defensive plot twist in the game, I think. And Give 'Em a Lift is one of the best offensive plot twists. In terms of art choices, I thought the best way to "even the odds" would be to send the whole team. Notice that Give 'Em a Lift is not an anytime plot twist, so the anytime logo at the top is grayed out.


This is one of my favorite drawings of Drax, and since there's only one Drax card in the set, I decided to use it for Vigilante Justice. There aren't many good drawings of Knowhere, so I decided to use this concept art from the movie, which is very cool.


Next up: Guardians supporting characters.

No comments: