Sunday, October 11, 2015

Full Metal EA Cards for VS 2PCG, Part 7 (More X-Men)


As much as I like the X-Men main characters, I find most of the supporting characters underwhelming. In my Wolverine and Storm decks, I only play 2-3 of them. At least the main characters are solid.

Iceman is an obvious exception. He's terrific, and so is this drawing of him. I like the art I picked for Magik more than the card.


Hope Summers is another solid card, and I do like Namor in aggro decks, but Cyclops is disappointing. I love the art I used for them, though, especially the Namor art. A real shame that Michael Turner died so young.



I play Deadpool in my Storm deck, but he's good rather than great. The art I picked for him is extremely flavorful, I think. Not crazy about Gambit, but I know some people like that card. I've yet to build a 2PCG deck where I thought I could afford to discard a character card and flip a location just to stun a character out of combat. I do like the Greg Land art, though.


I really like the art I picked for Storm and Beast, who indeed looks ferocious here. I'm not that keen on either card, although I do play Storm in my Wolverine deck.


Another Deodato piece, one I hadn't seen either until recently, and a fantastic drawing of Wolverine by Mike Choi. The Cable art seems especially flavorful.


Love this Dell'Otto drawing of Colossus. Gorgeous drawing of Emma by Stanley Lau (aka ArtGerm).


Besides Iceman and Hope, I think Professor X is the strongest of the X-Men supporting characters. And I've always loved this Deodato drawing of him. I've searched many times for good art for him, and it is always amazing to me how little there is.


That's it for X-Men. Next up are the Avengers.

No comments: